Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Adam's Rib

The incomparable Katherine Hepburn
Tony & I watched this movie on Sunday evening.
I heart Katherine Hepburn.  My favorite movie of hers is, of course, The Philadelphia Story.

The Philadelphia Story - one of the many classics
where I identify with the female lead very closely...











However, films that feature her and Spencer Tracy are divine as well, given their off-stage romantic history.  Tony and I laughed and enjoyed this.  I was a little shocked while watching because though the show the married couple having separate beds (it was the time period), Katherine and Spencer do have a "rub down" (massage) scene that is very charmingly weird and a couple off-camera scenes where they're kissing, I'm sure...eek.  However, this at times cheesy movie is a must see.

Spencer & Katherine













But seriously, how could you not think he was a 'G'?
Because I recently purchased a 4-movie Hepburn DVD set from half.com, we've been watching a lot of her.  I'm sure Tony liked Bringing Up Baby much more because he thinks Cary Grant is a 'G', but Spencer Tracy may win him over yet.

I hope you too can learn, if you don't already, to enjoy old classics...







Adam's Rib:



P.S.  If you're familiar with the musical, Singing in the Rain, see if you can find an icon from that film get one of her first screen roles in this movie.

No comments: