Saturday, May 28, 2011

We're Not Cleaners...

Anyone who's known me for a long time (& my mom) knows that we are not the most organized of women.

We are hard workers.  We are super responsible.  We are sincere.  We are committed.  We are avid readers.  We are consistent.

We are not quitters.  We are not fake.  We are not unimaginative.  We are not extroverts.

We are also not cleaners.



Keeping in mind that Tony and I will be arriving in Jersey this Thursday afternoon to stay for sixteen glorious Shore-filled days, I know that my mom has been "readying" the house for at least two weeks ahead by the time we land in Philly.  We both work and then relax when we come home + I cook, which my mom does not have much need to these days since my brother is well-fed by his pretty fiance.  Even at work, my desk is often overwhelmed with papers, essay, graded tests, projects, etc., which is to be expected I suppose of English teachers, but mine are not always in pretty or distinguishable piles :/  I do, however, plan each class well, rarely have extra time at the end of a class period (meaning I teach bell-to-bell), and fit a lot of literature into two semesters.  My mom can probably name a list ten times the previous one that she is able to accomplish at her management position that she's held for over thirty-two years.



We're just not cleaners...

So, today when Tony was looking for his car keys in order to leave for a free-lancing job, I started scouring my (little messy) apartment.  I opened my backpack that I guess I haven't used since the last time I went to Jersey (for Christmas) and found two pairs of glasses.  I was so happy because I just recently broke (for the second time) my awesomely huge brownish glasses from China (all of these are prescription by the way).  I was down to my small brown ones (from the States).  I had a black wire pair (China) that had lost one of the plastic nose pads, which I finally had fixed...because I had misplaced the small brown ones too (Sheesh).  I now have the repaired black ones, the small brown ones, and today in the backpack I found my beloved red pair (China) and bigger black pair with the violet inlay frames (States).  I am back to FOUR options of glasses again...still waiting to see if Black Optical on Brookside can fix my huge, obnoxious brown ones.

I'm trying to console myself for feeling guilty at times for not being more organized by taking in this grand feeling of finding two pairs of glasses and saying that finding things randomly is cool too, you know, instead of always having what you own all the time...

No comments: