Saturday, May 21, 2011

Jehovah Jireh

Just wanted to take the time to say that God is such a provider.  He really is.   Most of you may be in this constantly-cognizant state of just knowing that God is really just a wonderful provider, but some of you may be like me and get the pathetic-stressed-out-panicky-forgetful times in your life....and sometimes I need reminders.

Lately, God has been just poking up reminders all over the place:  from a random guy handing me 3 extra food tickets at Mayfest tonight while we were in line for a lamb gyro (yum) to Tony getting a random payment for helping a beautiful couple do something on a computer.  The Lord has really been showing up in very noticeable ways.

I know I should be more "spiritual" than this and search for God, even in the barely noticeable things and times...but I wanted to take the time to say that I'm grateful that He's made it easy on me lately.  A good, brighter season has definitely come upon Tony and I and I want to soak in every moment of it, to bury these feelings in my heart, like Mary, so that I can pull them out to ponder on when we get to a dryer patch on our path further along down the line.

So, in the words of Anne Lamott, "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

No comments: